12 March 2015

Beauty | Wearable Bronze/Gold Make-up

makeup tutorial
So whenever I go to some sort of event or I'm just generally feeling uninspired with what to do to my face I head over to YouTube to look up a tutorial! However if I'm honest I don't have the confidence (or camera equipment) to make one of those so I thought I would share on here what my make-up look is today! I wanted to go for a bronze/gold look and as I'm not doing anything today (university involves a lot of sitting around and doing nothing) I thought I would have a bit of fun; so this is not exactly what I would call an 'everyday' look but it's certainly wearable and not something that makes you look as though it's new years eve and you've picked up every glitter product in your make-up bag and thrown it at your face!

So here's a quick before and after showing you the power of make-up!

and the products I used..


For my base, finish, blusher etc. I used...

Rimmel Match Perfection in the shade 103 True Ivory. I got this foundation on the recommendation in a video by the gorgeous Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella, of massive internet and YouTube fame, I'm sure you all know her) and It's amazing! I love the coverage and it stays in place all day, bonus!! On top of this I used the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in shade 1 which is the lightest they do and still too dark for little pale me, but it does the job and very well too! Then I used the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder in transparent to powder my face.

For contour and overall 'bronzey-ness' I used this VERY beautiful Dior Skin Nude Tan in the shade 004 which is a sort of blusher/bronzer duo with a pretty shimmer to it that makes you look as though you have a really healthy glow, not a two weeks in Barbados tan, but nevertheless a very lovely glow! 

I then topped this off with this peachy toned matte blush from MAC in the shade Melba. 


For eyes..
I firstly started of by using MAC eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown (the very obviously loved one in the bottom left hand of the pallet above) and an angled brush to fill in my brows! I then used the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot (seen above) in the shade Tailor Grey as a base on my eyes. It's a pretty much matte shade so made a nice base for this look as I was going to add shimmery eyeshadow on top and it would have been too much otherwise.

I then used the shade Patina from the pallet (left) on my lid and then Mulch through my crease (right)
This was the topped with a dose of the Yves Saint Laurent black eyeliner along the top lash line as well as tight lining and then I drew a little cat eye flick on the outside of my eye and smudged this with an angled brush. And of course not forgetting copious coats of the Lancome Hypnose Mascara! 


and finally for lips.. 

I lined my lips with a No 7 lip pencil in Nude and then on top I applied this YSL lipstick 'Rouge Pur Couture' (fancy!) in shade 05 and voila...



Hope you've enjoyed the post, sorry it's a bit longer than my last ones have been but it's one I've been really wanting to do!

Nathalie x




16 comments :

  1. Golds are defiantly my favourite colours, and you've created a lovely look!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anything sparkly is my thing haha :) thanks for the comment! xx

      Delete
  2. I love your post its really nice. The images are great the products you chose are perfect.

    justlittleellen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's really sweet of you! :) x

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty look on you! :)

    www.navellina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww you look lovely!

    If you'd like a bit of a laugh have a look at my post on the 16 things all bloggers do - hint, banana bread is involved! x
    The perks of being a hipster- 16 things all bloggers know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and I've just been over, your post is so funny, I've given it a comment :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks very much! It's such a lovely colour isn't it! I love how it's so natural that you can almost get away with claiming that it's just your normal lip colour haha :) x

      Delete
  6. Love this look on you - so pretty :) Later yesterday evening I had the sudden urge to put on a sparkly bronze shadow - no where to go, just adored the shade, so this look is right up my street.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this was me yesterday! I did this look, watched TV for an hour and took it off again ha!
      Thanks for the comment :)
      x

      Delete
  7. love wearing gold eyeshadow, you look nice & the lip color is lovely as well :)

    xx danielle shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle :) I will go check out your blog now!
      x

      Delete